Mon, 26 Jan 2015
The CISDL is proud to release its annual report for the 2013-2014 period. In the report, you will find an overview of the CISDL, its mission and its fellowship as well as the latest contributions of the various CISDL Programmes. Finally, you will also be able to read the report of our international secretariat as well as a summary of our financials
Fri, 16 Jan 2015
International Law for Sustainable Development - Legal Essay Competition 2014 - Winners Announced in Lima, Peru at UNFCCC CoP20
The Centre for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL) is pleased to announce the winners of the International Law for Sustainable Development Legal Essay Competition 2014.
The Competition was hosted by the Centre for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL), in cooperation with the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law (LCIL) at the University of Cambridge, the Centre for Research on Climate Resilience (CR2) at the University of Chile, and the Centre for Advanced Studies in Environmental Law and Policy (CASELAP) at the University of Nairobi.
Law students at the undergraduate and graduate level from around the world were invited to present submissions under the theme: "Climate Change, Sustainable Development and the Law: Governance Challenges and Innovations."
Our panel of judges considered the entries and announced the winners in December 2014 at a special awards ceremony in the Law, Governance & Climate Change International Law and Policy Workshop, during the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Conference of the Parties (CoP20) in Lima, Peru. The winners and their topics are:
- Guillermo Umana Restrepo, "CDM in the Transport Sector for Sustainable Development – Colombia’s Experience"
- Katherine Lofts, "Legal Innovations for REDD+ Benefits Distribution – Vietnam’s Experience"
- Brenda Ambani, "Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Land Rights – Kenya’s Experience"
- Daniel Schuppert, "Climate Change, the UN Convention to Combat Desertification and Multi-Level Governance"
- Carissa Wong, "Director Duty of Care and Liability for Climate Change – US and China’s Experiences"
The winning essays will be published by the CISDL in a special working paper series in 2015. The CISDL would like to thank all the contestants from around the world for participating in the 2014 Legal Essay Competition.